Recently, there has been an increased focus on the implementation of wellbeing programs in primary and secondary schools, and positive education has been established as a component in many flourishing education systems. Positive education involves the integration of evidence-based skills for wellbeing with high quality teaching and learning. As opposed to reactive models that focus on the identification and treatment of problems, positive education takes a proactive and preventative approach to health and wellbeing. Student and staff wellbeing is supported through evidence-based strategies such as mindfulness, developing character strengths, and cultivating gratitude.
Possible training topics
- Introduction to Positive Psychology and Positive Education
- Positive Education – What does this mean for school support staff?
- Fostering curiosity – a key to learning
- Growth Mindset and Persistence for learning
- Understanding Mindfulness
- Developing resilient learners
- Being the Positive Education teacher in every lesson